QSDA Flag Issue

Hi Rob - We have noticed an issue and wanted to bring to your attention.
When we analyzed one of our App, QSDA shows a single flag for an error I don’t believe actually exists (It says I’m trying to use a dimension that doesn’t exist in one of my filters… None of my filters have that dimension)
Please see the image. Also, the field [Model_Number] is commented out in the script.
Can you please advice?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,
If you click the “Filter Using this Flag” button and then go to the Viz tab, does the filterpane show?

I’d be happy to take a look at this on my machine if you can export the collection for me. From the Admin->Collector List, select “Export” on the row menu. You can attach the export file to a support ticket at https://support.easyqlik.com

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, the filtering pane shows and the [Model_Number] field also shows up there. But in the visualization, [Model_Number] field is not used as filters.
By the way, when I do an export (Admin->Collector List, select “Export” on the row menu) , nothing happens, is it getting automatically stored some where?

Thanks,
John

Hi Rob, I attached the collections.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,
Was this app originally created by a relatively older version of QS? Like older than 2 years ago? Or was it created by a recent version?

-Rob

Hi Rob, This app is created just last week as an new app.
If you need any other information, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Hi John,
I see what is happening. The [Model Number] Dimension is a disabled property of the Filterpane. In some cases Qlik objects have “ghost” properties that are disabled and have no effect on your application, but they do exist in the app metadata.

For example, when you drag fields onto a sheet a Table object is created. If you then convert that object to Filterpane, the fields are retained as disabled properties in the Filterpane object. It’s just the way they coded the conversion in Qlik.

I will release an update to QSDA that will, by default, exclude disabled Dimensions and Expressions from the collection. There will be an option to include disabled because in some edge cases it could be useful to report on disabled properties.

For the time being you can ignore that flag. I’ll let you know when the update is ready (soon).

-Rob

Thank you Rob for analyzing this issue and the explanation. Please let me know when you have an update ready.

Thanks,
John

Hi John

Release 1.5.3 is ready with the update to exclude disabled properties.

Release notes for 1.5.3
https://help.easyqlik.com/qsda/topics/idh-topic740.htm

Let me know how it works out with your app.

-Rob

Thank you Rob!!
The issue is addressed.