I just started using this tool in QS 1.1.0 Beta and LOVE IT. I used the QV version quite a bit, so I am definitely liking the new server-based architecture.
I was hammering my colleague (Hannah Miller) with ideas for QSDA that would make it more usable, and she simply said… send them to Rob. So here you go. You’re welcome!
- If I run multiple jobs at once (like 4) I can crash the QSDA service. Maybe there can be an admin entered parameter for maximum simultaneous jobs and then a queue mechanism to line up jobs over that number?
- It would be great if the app list had a check box to filter the apps to apps where jobs have been run. I find myself having to search the list again each time.
- Not sure if this is easy, but going into the view analysis, navigating back to the app list clears the list again, requiring you to filter/search it again.
- It would also be awesome if we could filter the list to our personal work stream.
- Security Admin Roles: This might be a longer term idea, but it is way to easy for me to navigate to the server connection settings and accidently blow away all the connection. If we had a security role, we could limit the more admin-level stuff to a smaller group. This also might be a bug, as it seems each time our server crashes, the connection config is lost and must be reentered.
Thanks for listening. keep up the awesome work!